The Wednesday swim now includes the opportunity for swimmers to develop their technique. This session uses 1 lane and focuses purely on developing the basics of front crawl. It focuses on body position, efficiency in the water and being more powerful with less effort. It is a coached session so you'll get all the techniques, tips and encouragement you need to become a better swimmer. All you need to do is book onto the Wednesday night swim session via the website as normal and then introduce yourself to the coach (Sorrel) who you'll find at the lane end. If you have any equipment (fins, pull buoy) then please bring these with you.
There is a limit on numbers - 30 at the moment. You need to book and pay for your session in advance via the club website. Bookings for the Wednesday swim open at 5.00pm on the Thursday prior to the session, and for the Sunday swim at 5.00pm on the Monday prior to the session. Bookings close 10 mins after the session start time.
You can check availability and book your place here (this link takes you to an external website). If you later find you cannot attend please try to cancel your place (using the link in your booking confirmation email) so that someone else can attend. You will receive a refund of 50% of the fee you pay to the club (there is no refund of the booking fee).
Covid-19 is still with us. Before attending club training sessions participants should undertake a pre-session symptom check for any infectious illness and not attend if unwell. Please read the information in the following forms before you attend the session. You will need to confirm that you have read and understand them and that you are fit and healthy to take part in the session when you book your place.
Before each session you attend
Do not leave home to participate in any club or group activity if:-
- you, or someone you live with, has any symptoms of Covid-19, the main symptoms being - high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of or change of taste or smell
- you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- or you are required to quarantine due to travel
NHS and Public Health England guidance on self-isolation can be found here.
The latest Government guidance can be seen here
It is your responsibility to be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any swim/run/bike activity. You should think about any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have, and if in any doubt, you should not participate.
You will be asked to confirm your Health Assessment Questions when you book a session.
Your name, contact phone number, and the dates and times of the sessions you have attended will be retained by SyTri for up to 21 days and and shared with the NHS test and Trace programme if they request it.
At All Sessions
- please follow instructions from coaches/session lead and any signs/instructions at the venue
- bring a face mask - you may need to wear it at indoor venues
- wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- follow safe practice while travelling to and from activities
- Can we encourage you to travel to sessions by running/walking/cycling? as well as the Covid guidance it's more environmentally friendly.
- bring you own food/drinks (do not share with anyone) and preferably your own equipment if you have it
- be prepared to go home in your training kit - you may not be able to change at the venue