Junior Swim Sessions
The wearing of face coverings at Shrewsbury School swim sessions is now a matter of personal choice.
Covid-19 is still with us. Before attending club training sessions participants should undertake a pre-session symptom check for any infectious illness and not attend if unwell. Please read the information in the following form before you attend the session. You will need to confirm that you have read and understand them and that you are fit and healthy to take part in the session when you book your place.
Please be aware that this is not a learn to swim session and juniors must be able to swim at least 100m front crawl without stopping, holding on or standing. The session is for 60 minutes so they should be at a level that they can train (with recoveries) for that length of time. Members new to this session will be required to carry out an assessment swim to ensure that they meet the standard.
The sessions will be supervised by our club BTF qualified coaching team. There is a limit on numbers - 30 at the moment. You need to book and pay for your session in advance via the club website. Bookings open at 17.00 on the Monday prior to the session, and close 10 mins after the session start time.
You can check availability and book your place here (the link takes you to an external website). If you later find you cannot attend please try to cancel your place (using the link in your booking confirmation email) so that someone else can attend. You will receive a refund of 50% of the fee you pay to the club (there is no refund of the booking fee).
Before each session you attend
Do not leave home to participate in any club or group activity if:-
- you, or someone you live with, has any symptoms of Covid-19, the main symptoms being - high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of or change of taste or smell
- you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- or you are required to quarantine due to travel
NHS and Public Health England guidance on self-isolation can be found here.
The latest Government guidance can be seen here
It is your responsibility to be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any swim/run/bike activity. You should think about any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have, and if in any doubt, you should not participate.
You will be asked to confirm your Health Assessment Questions when you book a session.
Your name, contact phone number, and the dates and times of the sessions you have attended will be retained by SyTri for up to 21 days and and shared with the NHS test and Trace programme if they request it.
At All Sessions
- please follow instructions from coaches/session lead and any signs/instructions at the venue
- bring a face mask - you may need to wear it at indoor venues
- wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- follow safe practice while travelling to and from activities
- Can we encourage you to travel to sessions by running/walking/cycling? as well as the Covid guidance it's more environmentally friendly.
- bring you own food/drinks (do not share with anyone) and preferably your own equipment if you have it
- be prepared to go home in your training kit - you may not be able to change at the venue