Junior Swim Sessions
Please be aware that this is not a learn to swim session and juniors must be able to swim at least 100m font crawl without stopping, holding on or standing. The session is for 60 minutes so they should be at a level that they can train (with recoveries) for that length of time. Members new to this session will be required to carry out an assessment swim to ensure that they meet the standard.
These are different to pre-lockdown as they have been adapted to meet the safety guidelines of BTF and Shrewsbury School. You can see the guidance from Shrewsbury School in the documents below. The School have also produced a short 'walk through' video. Please take a look a this before you attend and familiarise yourself with the changes.
The sessions will be supervised by our club BTF qualified coaching team. There is a limit on numbers due to BTF requirements - 15 at the moment. You need to book and pay for your session in advance via the club website. Bookings open at 5.00pm on the preceding Monday.
[You can check availability and book your place here] (the link takes you to an external website). If you later find you cannot attend please try to cancel your place (using the link in your booking confirmation email) so that someone else can attend. You will receive a refund of 50% of the fee you pay to the club (there is no refund of the booking fee).
Please make sure that you are aware of the information in the following forms before you attend the session.
Before each session you attend
Do not leave home to participate in any club or group activity if:-
- you, or someone you live with, has any symptoms of Covid-19, the main symptoms being - high temperatute, new continuous cough, loss of or change of taste or smell
- you have ben told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace in the past 14 days
- or you are required to quarantine due to travel
NHS and Public Health England guidance on self-isolation can be found here
It is your responsibility to be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any swim/run/bike activity. You should think about any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have, and if in any doubt, you should not participate.
You will be asked to confirm your Health Assessment questions again on arrival at club coached sessions and are expected to self-certify at non-coached sessions.
Your name, contact phone number, and the dates and times of the sessions you have attended will be retained by SyTri for up to 21 days and and shared with the NHS test and Trace programme if they request it.
At All Sessions
- please follow instructions from coaches/session lead and any signs/instructions at the venue
- keep 2 metres apart from everyone at the session
- arrive at venues changed and ready to train
- bring a face mask - you may need to wear it at indoor venues
- wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- observe 2 metre social distancing while travelling to and from activities
- avoid travelling to sessions by public transport where possible and do not share a car with anyone outside your household. Can we encourage you to travel to sessions by running/walking/cycling? as well as the Covid guidance it's more environmentally friendly.
- bring you own food/drinks/equipment and do not share with anyone
- be prepared to go home in your training kit - you may not be able to change at the venue
If you become ill with Covid and need to give club contact info to NHS Test and Trace please use email@example.com
Please ensure that you read the following documents before you attend the session.