River Swim familiarisation
This one-off River Swim provides the opportunity for entrants to the Shrewsbury Sprint Tri, Quad and Aquathlon events (and possibly SYtri members - see below) to familiarise themselves with the swim section of the event. It is a down-river swim only, with kayak/SUP river support. You can repeat the down-river swim by exiting the water and returning to the start point. Level 2 coaches will be available to provide advice/information and support. It is not a coached session. In addition, Event staff will be available to deal with any event queries.
Gates to the Showground open at 18.00, there is a mandatory briefing for all participants at 18.25, after which swimming is available until 19.30.
Please be aware that if extreme bad weather makes it unsafe for this session to proceed, it will be cancelled.
WHAT YOU NEED
The following items are compulsory for this session.
- Wetsuit - if water temperature is below 14C. The coach will advise.
- Swim Cap (Brightly coloured).
There is a limit on numbers of 50 allocated on a 1st come, 1st served basis. You need to book your place using the link below. Bookings open at 5.00pm on Wednesday 25th for the event entrants. Any places not taken by Saturday 28th will be offered to Sytri members from Sunday 29th.
You can check availability and book your place here (this link takes you to an external website) You will need to use the password sent in your invitation email to make the booking. If you later find you cannot attend please try to cancel your place (using the link in your booking confirmation email) so that someone else can attend.
Please read the information in the following forms before you attend the session. You will need to confirm that you have read and understand them and that you are fit and healthy to take part in the session when you book your place. You will also have to confirm that you understand that you take part in this session at your own risk.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
You are required to register you attendance with the on-shore assistant and you will be allocated a safety number. Once signed in get changed into your wetsuit (if required) and be ready for the safety briefing.
The safety briefing for this session starts at 18.25 prompt and is compulsory for all participants.
DO NOT ENTER THE WATER UNTIL YOU HAVE SIGNED IN & BEEN ALLOCATED A SAFETY NUMBER
Covid has not gone away so - before you attend
Do not leave home to participate in this activity if:-
- you, or someone you live with, has any symptoms of Covid-19, the main symptoms being - high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of or change of taste or smell
- you have ben told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- or you are required to quarantine due to travel
NHS and Public Health England guidance on self-isolation can be found here
It is your responsibility to be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any swim/run/bike activity. You should think about any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have, and if in any doubt, you should not participate.
You will be asked to confirm your Health Assessment questions on arrival at the session
Your name, contact phone number, and the dates and times of the sessions you have attended will be retained by SyTri for up to 21 days and and shared with the NHS test and Trace programme if they request it.
At All Sessions
- please follow instructions from coaches/session lead and any signs/instructions at the venue
- keep 1 metre plus apart from everyone at the session
- arrive at venues changed and ready to train
- wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- observe 1 metre plus social distancing while travelling to and from activities
- bring you own food/drinks/equipment and do not share with anyone
- be prepared to go home in your training kit - you may not be able to change at the venue
If you become ill with Covid and need to give club contact info to NHS Test and Trace please use firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also ensure that you read the following documents before you attend the session.