Junior Open Water Swim Sessions
We have added a few open water swims to the club training timetable for Juniors. This session is for competent junior swimmers who want to try open water swimming in a safe environment only - it is not suitable for those learning to swim. Two Level 2 coaches will be on hand to advise and guide you through the session. Parents/carers MUST stay on site during the session. There are no toilet or changing facilities so parents/carers must take responsibility for their child. A parent will be asked to volunteer to sign children in/out of the water.
WHAT YOU NEED
The following items are compulsory for this session.
- Wetsuit (the club has a limited number that can be used for the session)
- Swim Cap (Brightly coloured) - the club will provide this at the session
- Goggles - bring your own
- Swim float - the club will provide this at the session
There is a limit on numbers - 20 at the moment. The session needs to be booked in advance via the club website. Bookings open at 5.00pm on the preceding Sunday.
You can check availability and book your place here (this link takes you to an external website). If you later find you cannot attend please try to cancel your place (using the link in your booking confirmation email) so that someone else can attend.
The child's parent/carer must read the information in the following forms before attending the session. The parent/carer will need to confirm when booking in that; they have read and understand the content, their child is fit and healthy to take part and they and their child attend/take part in the session at their own risk.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
You are required to sign in where you will be allocated a safety number. Once signed in get changed into your wetsuit and be ready for the safety briefing.
The safety briefing for this session starts at 10:15am prompt and is compulsory for all participants.
DO NOT ENTER THE WATER UNTIL YOU HAVE SIGNED IN & BEEN ALLOCATED A SAFETY NUMBER
Before each session you attend
Do not leave home to participate in any club or group activity if:-
- you, or someone you live with, has any symptoms of Covid-19, the main symptoms being - high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of or change of taste or smell
- you have ben told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace in the past 14 days
- or you are required to quarantine due to travel
NHS and Public Health England guidance on self-isolation can be found here
It is your responsibility to be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any swim/run/bike activity. You should think about any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have, and if in any doubt, you should not participate.
You will be asked to confirm your Health Assessment questions again on arrival at club coached sessions and are expected to self-certify at non-coached sessions.
Your name, contact phone number, and the dates and times of the sessions you have attended will be retained by SyTri for up to 21 days and and shared with the NHS test and Trace programme if they request it.
At All Sessions
- please follow instructions from coaches/session lead and any signs/instructions at the venue
- keep 2 metres apart from everyone at the session
- arrive at venues changed and ready to train
- bring a face mask - you may need to wear it at indoor venues
- wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- observe 2 metre social distancing while travelling to and from activities
- avoid travelling to sessions by public transport where possible and do not share a car with anyone outside your household. Can we encourage you to travel to sessions by running/walking/cycling? as well as the Covid guidance it's more environmentally friendly.
- bring you own food/drinks/equipment and do not share with anyone
- be prepared to go home in your training kit - you may not be able to change at the venue
If you become ill with Covid and need to give club contact info to NHS Test and Trace please use email@example.com
Please also ensure that you read the following documents before you attend the session.